Monday, September 21, 2015

One Month Later

This semester I started an internship in the marketing and communications department at St. Rita's
Medical Center. I have been at St. Rita's for a little over a month now and today had the opportunity to help out with the new employee orientation. It is amazing to see how far I have come at this internship from my new employee orientation. Between walking the random halls to figure out where I need to go to get to the 9th floor, which has a bunch of storage, and using the correct elevator to get there. Throughout my time at St. Rita's I have had the opportunity to help with employee forums, help with our new branding initiative and write a variety of papers whether it be a press release or our internal newsletter.

With both the employee forums and branding initiative, my main job was to be there on time and help with whatever needed to be done at the time. With the branding initiative I actually had the opportunity to play an extra in a commercial, and it will be interesting to see if I actually make it in the commercial. Through these experiences I have been able to see how a commercial gets filmed and seeing the things that our company is doing to not only keep our customers happy, but also the employees.

I spend a majority of my day writing various things, whether it is for our internal newsletter, the media or social media. A majority of what I do is take stories and shorten them down to get the most important information, so whatever outlet the information is sent to will be able to read the most important information quickly. I also schedule social media for the entire month at the end of each month. The only thing that I have found with this scheduling of social media is that you need to continue to make sure the information is up-to-date as it's being posted because you don't want your followers to be getting the wrong information or the ling not working.

Even though I have only been at St. Rita's for a short time, I have already learned so much. As my internship continues to progress, I can't wait to see what else is in store, whether that be attending more events and being the representation for our department or just writing more, so that I can continue to gain experience and strengthen my writing abilities.

2 comments:

  1. Tiffany,
    This sounds like an amazing opportunity! I had clinical for nursing at St. Rita's and I have to agree that the hallways are super confusing. I think I know someone that had this internship before as well. It seems like such a great way to network in the field you want to work in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffany,
    I am happy to hear your internship is going well. I really enjoyed hearing Beth and Ashlee talk about what all goes on at St. Ritas as well. It sounds like you are gaining a lot of experience in your field of study. As for the hallways anyone who starts a position in a large facility can attest to getting lost at one point or another, thats just part of the experience. I hope to hear more great things about your internship experience.

    ReplyDelete