Friday, October 30, 2015

Big Little Reveal

Last week Friday, was the long awaited big little reveal for our new members. Every year the the date of big little reveal is always a secret and after some time the new members begin to guess when they think they will get their big. Going thru this night on both sides, I'm not sure if I was more nervous to get my big or my little.

Since the new members didn't know it was big little reveal, our New Member Orientation Chair took their keys, as she had every night, so the bigs could go to their littles room and drop off all the crafts made for this night. My little and I went over to Brittany's room to drop everything off and lay everything out throughout her room, so when we brought her back to her later that night she would be able to see everything Ashley had made.

This year's game was similar to Guess Who. On a piece of poster board there were pictures of the actually characters in the game. All the potential bigs and a few extra sisters sat in the chairs and held the poster board in front of their faces. The new members were called in one by one and asked clues, such as is my big a boy or girl and does my big have brown hair. The clues for each person were written on the back of the poster board, so they would know when to sit down.

This year my little received a little and I became a G big. My little, Ashley was the third to go out of the sixteen girls. Ashley received Brittany as her little. It was super exciting to see Brittany's reaction as Ashley pulled the poster board down and let her face show. We then waited thirteen more people till we could finally begin all the family and line pictures.

Once everyone had gone and all the new members knew their bigs, then picture time began. Every year we had certain pictures we always do, so we had to make sure we continued these as we will want to see how our family grows throughout the years. I am excited for my little as she is taking on the big task of becoming a big and I can't wait to see what I am able to do in my new role as a G big.

3 comments:

  1. Tiffany- My Zeta family means the world to me! They are the best thing Zeta has given me. I am so thankful for them. I am excited that your family is able to grow and expand! I can only imagine how happy Ashley is. Being a big is such a great feeling because the big little relationships is unlike any other. I am so happy your family is continuing and expanding. Congrats on becoming a G big! You’ll be a GG before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffany,

    Sounds like the reveal was a big success. I am not in a social sorority, but I know the families you receive mean everything to you. Sororities are constantly taking family photos, and I often see them posted throughout Facebook. I enjoy seeing my friends get excited about expanding their families. In addition, I like the idea of using Guess Who as a theme for the event. It sounds like a lot of fun and allowed the suspense to continue being built until the final reveal happened. At college, relationships and friendships make the journey memorable and interesting. Based on the pictures I have seen, it looks like the reveal went very well. Congrats on becoming a G big!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiffany,

    I love seeing how everyone does Big/ Little reveal because it is always different. I really like how you guys did it this year, it was very cute! Congratulations on becoming a G! It is crazy to think just a few years ago, we were the littles. I was so excited to become a G a few weeks ago and have our family expand. When I received Brittany as my Big, our family was so small and now we are growing into a big family. Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete