Monday, November 16, 2015

Weekend Filled of Events

This past Saturday was full of events for me, I first attend the 16th Annual Professional Commitment Ceremony. I then quickly drove back to my room to change to head to the football, which Alpha Xi was sponsoring as a Blue Game.

At 10:30 on Saturday, I sat in the fieldhouse and watched many sisters and friends walk across the stage with their mentors and receive their white coats. This is a special honor for all these individuals as they are taking the next step to becoming a professional. I enjoyed watching all of these individuals I knew walk across the stage, and I'm glad I was able to witness this special moment. Afterwards we tried to take group pictures, but it was very hard because everyone was so spread out and there was a lot of people.

Once we were all done taking pictures, I then headed back to my room to change and put a variety of layers on for the football game. Since Alpha Xi was sponsoring the game, we decked out in blue as much as we could, we also were handing out blue ribbons and selling blue keychains. At half time we went out onto the field and released blue balloons in support of Autism research. ONU ended up winning the game 42-10 over Otterbein. The ONU team also advanced onto the playoffs and will be playing Wittenberg this coming Saturday at noon.

Overall this weekend was exciting as I was able to see my friends receive their white coats and make an advancement into their professional careers. It was also nice to cheer the polar bears onto victory and I think it'll be an exciting first round playoff game next Saturday.

1 comment:

  1. Tiffany,

    I loved that Alpha Xi sponsored a blue game. I always love seeing campus and students get involved with Greek Life and our philanthropies. The football was definitely an exciting win and I am sure this coming weekend will be even more exciting!

    ReplyDelete