Sunday, December 6, 2015

The Final Week

Week 15 has finally arrived, also know as "dead" week. This week for me, is one of my busiests weeks yet. I feels as though any assignment that could possible be due, is due in these next five days. This means there will be many late nights this week and little sleep to accompany those late nights. This is the week that every student not only dreads, but looks forward too, as it is the last week of classes for the semester.

Knowing this is the last week in the semester also means the following week is finals week, which for some students may be a positive because they only have a final or two, while for others they may be dreading finals week as they have five or six finals to study for. There is a light at the end of the tunnel though because once you finish all your finals, you then have a three to four week break with no school responsibilities. During this break, I tend to work and sleep as much as possible.

I am ready for the semester to come to an end and can't wait to go home and spend some quality time home with my family. These next two weeks might be rough, but all I keep thinking of is Christmas, New Years Eve, family time and good food. Fingers crossed I survive the next two weeks!


5 comments:

  1. Tiffany,

    You are definitely right when saying college students hate the next two weeks in the semester. Everything seems to be due this week, which leads to a lot of stress and sleepless nights. Like you said, it is important to keep the end goal in mind of finishing the semester off strong. I am very excited to go home for the holidays and spend time with my family and friends. For me, break will be spent sleeping and working at my internship. Overall, keep pushing through these final weeks of the semester and good luck with finals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffany,

    Why is it that dead week is never "dead?" For other schools, dead week is a week of no classes, no tests, and no work other than studying. However, our school clearly does not understand that concept. So, I've decided that though I'm mad we have work, I'm going to work hard to finish strong. Keep calm, test on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiffany,

    I agree with Jordan. Dead week is never dead! I'm one of those students that needs to get a lot of done, with two exams on one day during dead week! Good luck on finals, enjoy break with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tiff,
    Dead week is definitely a busy week for most students, which sucks when trying to prepare for finals. I know you will get through these next two weeks and do it exceedingly well! Good luck on finals and have a safe and great break!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tiffany,

    I like your comparison when you talked about how dead week is simultaneously a students most loved and hated of weeks. Almost routinely every year when we get to this point I feel like I have a big assignment due in every class. The best part about it is when you get that first glimpse of the light at the end of the tunnel and know that you will be home before you know it. To me that is always what gives me the extra push. Best of luck on your finals!

    ReplyDelete