Monday, September 19, 2016

Weekend of Events

This past weekend was a busy one, even with recruitment being done. On Saturday, my morning started bright and early as I had to be out in Lima for an event for work. The event was HeartChase, where teams of different individuals from different businesses competed against each other. Since my place of employment is the presenting sponsor, we were there early to help set up and then took action photos throughout the day. The main goal of HeartChase is to get people active by doing a variety of activities, such as running laps while carrying bags of potatoes, building a cardboard puzzle or pushing a large tire around cones. The event ended around noon, just as the rain started pouring down. From Lima, I went straight to our philanthropy event, Fall Carnival which went till 3 p.m. Fall Carnival is my sororities annual event we do with Sigma Phi Epsilon. Once Fall Carnival was over, I headed home to take a nap and to get ready for dinner. My boyfriend and I decided to head to Buffalo Wild Wings, so we would be able to watch both the Michigan State and Ohio State games at the same time. Even though the Ohio State game got delayed, we were still able to watch the Michigan State game.


After a busy Saturday, Sunday didn’t get any less chaotic. I started my Sunday morning off by attending senior bridges. Senior bridges is a program designed to help active seniors begin their transition to alumni status. After this event, I had about two hours to go home and relax. Those two hours were spent cleaning my room and getting ready for class on Monday. Around 1 p.m. I headed back to the house, where it was time for us to leave for our chapter retreat. For our chapter retreat we headed to Mad River Adventures to go canoeing down the river as well as have a cookout. It was about an hour and a half drive from Ada to Mad River, but once we finally got there we all couldn’t have been more excited. We did the three mile trip which took about one hour. My partner and I didn’t have any issues on the trip, besides bottoming out one time. Other groups struggled with the current as well as going straight. Once we had reached the end, it was entertaining to watch the groups come into shore, especially because many struggled at stopping. Some fell out of their canoes and another sister lost her ore and we watched it float away down the river. Once everyone was back, we headed up to the grill and volleyball area so we could make dinner. We ended up making hamburgers and hotdogs on the grill. Once dinner was complete we started packing up to head back to Ada. We finally arrived back in Ada, tired, ready to shower and prepare for another week of classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment