Monday, November 21, 2016

Game Day

I spent my Saturday in East Lansing at Spartan Stadium. The game started at noon and we got to East Lansing around 9 a.m. We started the day off by tailgating with my uncle and some of his friends. The weather was about 35 degrees with a sleet and snow mix. We then made the trip from the parking lot to the stadium, which took about 20 minutes.

The original plan was for my dad and I to go to the game, but more tickets became available to us on Wednesday from family friends.  With these extra tickets my dad, sister, boyfriend, and I all went. We had three tickets in one area and two in another. After the long walk to the stadium, we then had to walk up about 30 steps.

The weather was still cold and snowy by the time the game started, but once we were packed into the stadium we were a little warmer. Throughout the game we made friends with the people around us, even if I had an Ohio State fan with me. By half time the game was tied 10 to 10. Halftime also meant it was time for a bathroom and snack break. By the time I left and then returned about 25 to 30 minutes had passed. The game continued to be close through the third and fourth quarter, but in the end Michigan State went for the 2-point conversion and failed. Michigan State ended up losing 16 to 17 to Ohio State.


Once the game was finally over, it was time to make the 20 minute walk back to the car. My brother was waiting for us at that car as he was planning on coming home for the night. After an hour and a half in the car, we all headed straight for the couch as we just wanted to lay down, nap and relax. Even though my team lost, I would not change the day or experience for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment