Monday, September 28, 2015

Homecoming 2015

This past weekend marked my third homecoming weekend here at Ohio Northern University. It was a weekend where I was able to catch up with individuals who had graduated the year before. I also had the opportunity to meet new alumni at our annual Xi Brunch, where we invite all alumni of Alpha Xi Delta back to get to know the current sisters and see how things have changed since they had last been here.

I started off Saturday morning by attending the annual Homecoming Parade on Main Street. The parade started approximately 15 minutes late and lasted for about 25 minutes. The parade included the ONU marching band, President DiBiasio and his wife, the 2014 King and Queen, the 2015 homecoming court, two high school bands, various clubs throughout campus and Greek life. The theme of homecoming this year is, Let the good times roar.

Following the parade I then headed over to the Alpha Xi House for our Alumni brunch. It was fun to meet alumni and compare stories of the chapter. I even had the opportunity to meet my alumni aunt, which is a mentor program where you get assigned with an alumni who has a similar major to you and talk with them via email or Facebook. It was nice to actually meet her because we have been emailing all summer and throughout the beginning of the year. We ended up talking for about 45 minutes and it was amazing to see all the things that we have in common with each other and actually discuss details from our emails and what they actually meant.

After the Alumni brunch I headed back to my room to change quickly and get ready for our football
game against Heidelberg. After a slow first half we were only down 13 to 10 at half time. The Polar Bears ended up coming out on fire in the second half. The final score of the game was 34 to 20 with a victory for the Polar Bears. I was able to sit with sisters during the game which was nice as I am always so busy during the week and don't really see anyone.

Overall it was a very successful homecoming week and I enjoyed catching up not only friends, but also alumni, A win for the football team, especially during homecoming weekend, is always a positive.

2 comments:

  1. Tiffany,

    That's exciting that you got to meet your mentor. I really like that you guys have an alumni mentor. I think alumni have a lot of experiences and insight to share with students. We also had alumni come back for Theta and I had the opportunity to meet and see a lot of sisters I had didn't know. I always look forward to Homecoming weekend because so many people come back and it is wonderful to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to hear you had a fun time this weekend. I didn't attend the brunch but I did work at the tailgate. It was interesting seeing so many alumni. Winning was definitely a plus, but despite our successful efforts I think all the events went well.

    ReplyDelete