Sunday, October 18, 2015

Football Saturday

Being from Michigan, yesterday was the infamous Michigan vs Michigan State football game. Every year this game is always a big deal, but this year it was even bigger because both teams were ranked in the top 25. This game was also voted college gameday for the week.

The game started off slow and was scoreless after the first quarter. The game was like any other, tough defense and the ever so famous big brother, little brother arguments on the field. In the second quarter there was a bit more action and at half time the score was 10 to 7 with Michigan in the lead. Michigan continued with their lead throughout the third quarter. At the end of the third quarter the score was 20 to 14 Michigan. When the fourth quarter started, the tempo of the game continued. Michigan scored a field goal and Michigan State scored a touchdown. With 10 seconds left in the game, all Michigan had to do was punt the ball and stop Michigan State in the one or two plays they would have. If you didn't watch the game, I recommend you watch the video below, as an explanation of this play can't be explained. Within these 10 seconds, Michigan State ended up scoring a touchdown, taking the lead for the first time in the game and winning the game.
Being a Michigan State fan, the ending of this game was unbelievable and I will gladly take the win,
especially against Michigan. I can only imagine what it would have been like to be at this game. The faces on Michigan fans throughout the stadium was priceless, especially the fan on the right. I truly believe that this fan has made it on every news station with his reaction to the play.

I can't wait for more football Saturday's and hope my team is able to pull off a victory, but I hope they are able to do it without having to wait until the last 10 seconds to make it interesting.

2 comments:

  1. Tiffany,

    I love college football, but I am definitely an Ohio State fan. I could not believe the ending to that specific game. When it first happened, I wasn't even watching the game. Someone had texted me telling me to turn it on and watch the replays. I am definitely glad I did. You would think that with only 10 seconds left in the game, you would had a pretty good chance of winning. With this mistake, this just shows that you must wait until the clock completely runs out in order to claim that final victory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffany,

    I always forget you are from Michigan! I wasn't able to watch the game, but it was all of my social media. From snapchat stories to tweets, everyone was voicing their opinions and what should have been called that wasn't.

    ReplyDelete